Saturday, September 19, 2009

Time Flies

We just finished having Noah's 2nd birthday party. It was a beautiful day and Noah was surrounded by everyone who loves him. He had all of his grandparents and great-grandparents, all of his uncles (unfortunately his aunts were not able to make it this year), and his good friend Theo. A few of our friends even stopped by to celebrate with Noah. Noah had a blast. He ate Choo Choo cake, played in the sandbox and water table, snacked on m&ms and goldfish, and drank a lot of juice, pop and lemonade. I am surprised he doesn't have a belly ache after that meal.

As I watched my son today, I am reminded of how fast these young years go by. I have tears in my eyes as I write this. I am afraid to blink because he will be 18 and going to college or 40 and getting married (hehehehe). It just doesn't seem fare. Why do they need to grow up so fast? It seems like yesterday I was bringing him home from the hospital and rocking him to sleep.

This week at MOPS, we talked about having Christ as our center and our focus, not our kids, husband, jobs, etc. Our children are a gift from God, but they are on loan. We have them for a little while to shape and mold them and then we are suppose to give them back to him and let them go out into this world. Noah is a gift and I love him so much and I am excited to teach him to love people, love this world, and have Christ as his center. That is my prayer for him today on his 2nd bday.

No comments: