Monday, November 9, 2009

Excuse This House

Some houses try to hide the fact that children shelter there-
Ours boasts of it quite openly the signs are everywhere-
For smears on the windows, little smudges on the door;
I should apologize I guess for toys strewn on the floor.
But I sat down with children and we played and laughed and read;
And if the doorbell doesn't shine, their eyes will shine instead.
For when at times I'm forced to choose the one job or the other;
I want to be a housewife-
But first I'll be a mother.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I SO know what you mean -- mostly on the wonder of being a mom. Yes, I wish my house were a little cleaner, and it seems like I can chase all day just to barely keep up. But this is what I always wanted to be when I grew up -- a mom! And I get to be! What can be better than that!

It's fun to read your blog and see how much you also enjoy the little ones you've been given.