Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Wow. What a week it has been. The weather has been perfect! The kids and I have really enjoyed getting out and playing in the snow. On Saturday, I took the kids to my parents house to go sledding since Pete was working this weekend. I thought Noah would be afraid of the huge hill but he loved it. I could hear him scream all the way down the hill and then ask for more. My mom and dad would tow him back up the hill while he laid back on the tube and ate snow all the way up. It was way too cute. Emme and I mostly stayed at the top of the hill and watched. She was all bundled up in her snow suit and I had her strapped to me in the Ergo backpack. She liked watching Noah. Next year I will probably have them both sledding down that big hill.

The rest of the weekend wasn't so fun. Noah refused to nap both Saturday and Sunday. He must be going through some sort of phase...I hope. By 6:30, he was a complete Bear and would cry about everything. And Emme wasn't her usual easy self. Her top two teeth are almost through, so hopefully she will get back to herself in a few days.

Today we had MOPS, which is Noah's favorite activity of the week. He always asks to go to church or MOPS. He has a great teacher who he adores and his best friend, Isaiah, in his classroom. It is such a nice break when we have MOPs. I have met some really amazing women who have taught me a lot about myself and about being a mom. Today we talked about marriage and how to strengthen it. I was really encouraged to pray more for my husband and also to pray for God to show me my own faults and weaknesses. I feel really blessed to have found Peter. He is not perfect by any means, and either am I, but we make it work. We truly enjoy each other. He is my best friend.

1 comment:

jane said...

lovely :-) I tried a MOPS group once but it wasn't for me. You've encouraged me to look again. Thanks Megan :-)