Sunday, June 20, 2010

Grandma's Marathon!

We are back from Duluth where Pete ran the 1/2 marathon. We had a wonderful weekend and the weather was perfect. Nice and sunny :) Pete did amazing in his race. We are very proud of him. We left for Duluth on Friday morning and spent the evening walking around canal park and eating lots of pasta. We also went swimming at the hotel's water park. Very fun! Saturday was an early morning. Pete had to be up around 4:30 am so he could eat and get to the starting line. The race officially started at 6:30. Noah and I got up close to 7 and went outside to watch Pete run by. Our hotel was right on the race route. Very convenient. Saturday afternoon we spent most of our time swimming. Noah is such a water bug. He would swim forever. The three of us also napped. Later we went for a nice long walk to stretch out Pete's legs and had a picnic on the beach. The weekend was such a nice break from the daily schedule.


Emme stayed home from this trip, with my parents. It was her first time away from me and I cried the whole way home after dropping her off. However, it would have been extremely hard having her there especially since she needs 2 naps to function and she also hates pools. She had a blast with my parents. She was spoiled :) She went on a lot of walks, ate ice cream, and had one on one attention. Just what my dramatic, little princess needed. Well, I will stop writing and get straight to the pictures :)
Noah waiting patiently for Daddy to run by. He was so excited to see Pete. He kept saying "there he is!" for every guy that somewhat resembled Pete.
Run Peter Run! You're doing great! We were at the 10 mile marker. He had a little over 3 miles left at this point!
Pete and his brother Matt after the race. They both did great. I am very proud of them.
My and my handsome hubby! and little Noah peaking at us
Rocks. Noah's favorite thing to do is throw rocks and collect rocks.

Me and my little man.

No comments: